Let’s face it, we’re not really the type to come up with New Year’s resolutions. You can even say we’re the wing it type. We just go with the flow, improvise and learn to adapt to new realities. So what’s with this list? Why have we decided to come up with it for 2021?
To put it simply, we got inspired after reading Grethen Rubin’s ‘If You Don’t Want to Make a New Year’s Resolution, Consider Writing Your “21 for 2021” List‘ and Suraya’s ‘My 21 for 2021 List: Money, Work, Learning, Health, Relationship and Misc Projects Goals‘ posts.
Plus we thought, there’s no harm in trying it out. Maybe we can benefit from it and could eventually adopt it annually. A list would also mean we can keep track of things and look forward to achieving the next item on the list. It would also be fun to see what we can pull together and strive to accomplish by the end of 2021.
Without further ado, here’s our 21 for 2021 list.
Our Chinese Muslim Food Business
What we hope to accomplish to further improve our business efficiency and performance.
- Produce 5 new products to be sold on our Shopee store
- Write 5 to 10 SEO-focused blog posts a month for our website.
- Form partnerships with 5 resellers and distributors for our products – Contact us here for deets!
- Work on social media marketing.
- Collaborate with food businesses – content creation, product development.
- Complete and launch our festive products line.
- Automate our small business.
Our Community – Family, Friends, Buyers, The Public
What we hope to give back to the community in return for their support and encouragement.
- Continue to educate the public on Chinese Muslim food. Related: How To Know You Are In Love With Chinese Food?
- Provide support to Chinese Muslim food businesses in their business endeavors. Related: Hello Al-Amin Xinjiang Muslim Restaurant!
- Fulfil interviews on entrepreneurship.
- Assist students in their entrepreneurship subject.
- Gift in-kind gifts and donations on a monthly basis.
- Teach and share simple Chinese food recipes. Related: Recipe: 酸辣凉拌黄瓜
- Translate content in Chinese to English for easier understanding.
Our Personal Development
What we hope to achieve to become better versions of ourselves.
- Read 10 books, reflect and apply.
- Attend 2 courses and put the knowledge into practice
- Increase our language proficiency – Malay, English & Mandarin Chinese.
- Travel to the countryside once a month.
- Grow our own food in our garden – from garden to table and back to the garden again.
- Schedule family time at least once a week.
- Automate our savings and investments.
Want To Make Your Own 21 For 2021 List?
Just do it! The number 21 may seem daunting at first, but once you’ve got it started, the ideas will come pouring in. Also, there’s no one way of doing it. Here are a few approaches you could choose to adapt:
- The 21 for 2021 You List: A list that’s all about you – what you want to get out of your personal life, family & friends, studies, work, and/or your business.
- The 21 for 2021 You’ve Had Enough Of List: A list based on things you’d like to stop doing, like a particular habit you’d like to quit, a behavior you’d like to work on, or paying off that debt.
- The 21 for 2021 Giving Back List: A list of things you’d like to do for others. Simple things like opening the door for someone, paying a meal for a friend, or feeding a stray.
- The 21 for 2021 Habits I want to Adopt List: A list of good habits – eat more vegetables, intermittent fasts, take regular walks, read more books, or track your expenses.
- The 21 for 2021 I Got This List: A list of things you’d like to learn, like a new language, a new recipe, sewing, anything that you’ve always wanted to learn yet somehow never got to it.
- The Ultimate 21 for 2021 Mix Of Everything List: Combine the previous 5 lists and create your own master list.
Our last tip is to write an achievable and manageable list. However, don’t fret if you don’t manage to achieve all 21 items. The whole idea lies in the process and the fact that you’ve tried your best at it. Enjoy the process of doing each item and reflect on your progress. The end result is a bonus.
Now there’s still a couple more days before we welcome 2021 and more than enough time for you to come up with your list. Once you’re done with it, share your list with us and don’t forget to link us back!