Yesterday, we got a phone call from our aunt asking whether we know anyone who’s selling halal mooncakes. Since the Mooncake Festival is TOMORROW, our friends who are selling handmade halal mooncake have already closed their orders.
Thankfully, we can still buy mooncakes from most of the big brands, making this not much of a big deal.
Then again, it would be a major bummer if you want to buy mooncakes for someone who’s staying further away from you, like in another city or state. Interstate travel is still not allowed and it doesn’t make sense to travel all the way just to deliver a box of mooncakes. Unless it’s for a special someone or occasion.
This is when online shopping comes to the rescue.
Sure, there are many halal mooncakes online sellers out there. Since we’re always on Shopee, we felt it’s only proper to highlight the ones that always appear on our Shopee feeds.
Enough chatter, let’s just get down to business. Chop chop!
Sold More Than 5000 Mooncakes:
- 10.7k mooncakes sold – Runcit On Call: [HALAL] Assorted Traditional Tai Thong Mooncake 大同传统月饼 180g
- 9.3k mooncakes sold – Hilltown Store: 富山月饼 Foh San Mooncake | Mix & Match | HALAL
- 5.4k mooncakes sold – H&H Foodie: Mooncake Kuih Bulan Halal Mooncake Premium Lotus Yolk Redbean Pandan Tiramisu Lava Sesame Custard Matcha Yam Potato
As mentioned in our Top 3 Mooncake Brands We Love In Malaysia post, we love Tai Thong mooncakes. Can’t remember whether we’ve tried Foh San though. At our age, we don’t go crazy over mooncakes anymore. We haven’t even bought any for this year!
Sold More Than 1000 But Less Than 5000 Mooncakes:
- 4.3k mooncakes sold Aldapo: MOONCAKE 50G / CHEAP MINI HALAL MOONCAKE / KUIH BULAN MURAH TAPI SEDAP
- 2.6k mooncakes sold – Sugarpastrymy: Halal mooncake Kuih Bulan Halal Malaysia 140g Sugarpastry
- 1.5k mooncakes sold: Haoliao: 發發饼家 月饼 12 款口味 Huat Huat Kouping Mooncake (12 Flavors) *HALAL*
We’ll go an extra limb here, we have been bombarded with Sugarpastry‘s mooncake ads on our Instagram account. Were we tempted to buy a box? Millions of times!! Yet we never bought any. Again, it’s not them, it’s us. It’s the age talking and we need to watch our sugar intake.
Sold More Than 500 But Less Than 1000 Mooncakes:
- 804 mooncakes sold – Zone Shopper Online: (Wholesale) Halal Mooncake / Kek Bulan Homemade – 50gram (4x4cm)
- 727 mooncakes sold – T&G Online: Baker’s Cottage 麦可思 月饼礼盒 自选装配套 清真月饼 HALAL Mooncake Customise Premium Quality Vegetarian Fresh & Natural
- 703 mooncakes sold – Pastry by Atira: Halal Mooncake By Atira MINIMUM 4 BIJI (INTI BANYAK)
Yes! Another one of our favourite mooncake brands made it to the list! There’s a Baker’s Cottage outlet that opened in our neighbourhood recently and it’s been milking us dry with their roast chicken rice sets and egg tarts deals. They will not do the same with their mooncakes. Not on our watch!
Sold Less Than 500 Mooncakes:
- 212 mooncakes sold – Eaty Mighty: MOONCAKE HALAL / KUIH BULAN HALAL- Mini Size
- 104 mooncakes sold – Gezytrading: 『 Ready 』 Penang moon cake 月饼 kek bulan halal kuih bulan halal mooncake Minimum 2 pcs
- 55 mooncakes sold – HNF Catering: [HALAL] HNF Catering Homemade Baked Skin Mooncake
Honest confession, we have not tried any of these mooncakes. No reason for you not to try it though!
On a personal note, HNF Catering’s mooncakes nearly got us there with the ‘no preservatives‘ bit. We’re huge on food products made with no preservatives, but since we’re not as crazy over mooncakes anymore, chances are we won’t be making any purchases this year.
There you have it. All you need to do is to order the mooncakes make payment, and he or she will receive it in the mail. Easy, peasy.