How did you get started?
As’salaamualaikum and hi! I’m Hajar and Alhamdulillah, I’m married to Karim, a Chinese Muslim from China.
- We established Kaijia Muslim Food – a China-style Chinese Muslim food business – in 2017.
- In 2018, we opened our little eatery in UTM, Johor, Malaysia.
- Alhamdulillah in 2020, we launched our Shopee store to cater to customers located outside of Johor Bahru. Within the same year, we also revamped our entire website to become the ultimate resource for Chinese Muslim food businesses and Halal Chinese food in Malaysia. We occasionally include information about other countries too, though our emphasis is mainly on the Chinese food industry in Malaysia.
So why focus on Chinese Muslim food businesses and Halal Chinese food?
- We love Chinese food and we want to share that love with those who have the same interest as us.
- We want to let people know more about Chinese Muslims, their culture, and their food.
- Just because 😁
We started everything from scratch, learning and unlearning along the way.
Why Kaijia? What does it mean?
Kaijia 凯嘉 is a combination of our names in Chinese.
凯 means victorious or triumphant
嘉 means excellent or beautiful.
In a nutshell, we pray and hope that our business and website would embody the aforementioned qualities.
What’s your secret?
Doa, Usaha, Ikhtiar, Tawakkal (Supplications, Effort, Initiative, Tawakkul) has helped and is still helping us a lot. Alhamdulillah, we’re thankful for what we’ve achieved thus far.
Plus we’d like to thank everyone who had and are still supporting by buying our products, recommending us, providing us feedback and advice, as well as those who engage us in our services.
I want more details!
We’ll insha’Allah do our best to reply the soonest possible. Thanks for reading and have a good day ahead! 💐