The Chinese New Year weekend started with news about the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Immediately, our attention went to K’s family in China, hoping that everyone would be safe and sound. Alhamdulillah, so far everyone is doing well.
At the time of writing, there was only 1 confirmed case at K’s hometown. Since then, we’ve been hoping and praying there won’t be more to come. This is a major concern to us because although we don’t celebrate Chinese New Year, it’s still the time for most of us to do some travelling and visiting families and friends.
Whether you’re in China, Malaysia, or some other country, please take all the necessary measures to safeguard yourself from contracting this illness.
Key points about the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) taken from the World Health Organization:
- Originated in Wuhan, China
- Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
- Standard recommendations to prevent infection spread include regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Essential Do’s & Don’ts (In Malay and English)
Read more about the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) at:
Lastly, we advise all our readers to take once again take extra precaution and seek medical assistance if needed. Stay safe everyone!